Aamsco Corda Half-Moon LED Backlit Mirror
Aamsco Corda Half-Moon LED Backlit Mirror
Most mirror returns are for a single reason: "Too Big".
Dimensions for every product are given - consider carefully to avoid purchasing a mirror that's "too big". Remember, mirrors in "real life" are much larger than they might appear on the website.
If you are not happy with your perchase Perfect Makeup Mirrors is happy to accept your return according to the following:
- A return must be requested within 30 days of the date received.
- Returned products must be new, unused and in condition for resale in original intact packaging.
- Custom-made products such as mirrors from Miroir Brot, TV Mirrors, Smart Mirrrors, and Cristal&Bronze products, as well as others. Custom made products are clearly indicated on the website. Once production has begun for products in these categories, a refund can no longer be issued.
- Hardwired mirrors that have been connected to electrical wiring.
- Replacement parts.
- Closeout and "Open Box" products.
Exceptions will of course be made for merchandise found defective or damaged during shipping to you.
RETURNS MUST BE AUTHORIZED:
When you request a return, we will email to you, a FedEx or UPS return shipping label. Take your carefully re-packaged product to a Staples, Office Max, Office Depot, Walgreens, UPS or FedEx Store, or any authorized drop point. Insurance is included. We will deduct our actual discounted net cost of return shipping from the amount that we refund to you.
Request a return HERE.
If you choose NOT to use our return shipping label, please advise us at email@example.com to obtain a Return Authorization (RGA) number.
Returns sent collect or without our label will usually be refused but if a return is accepted without our label, a $20.00 processing fee will be charged.
From Canada: Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a Return Authorization (RGA) number and return address. Be certain the RGA number appears on the outside of the package. Ship via FedEx or UPS prepaid.
RESTOCKING FEES: Only one restocking fee is charged for a single product type:
• Mirrors with magnifications of 15x or greater - $25.
FREE SHIPPING: Free shipping applies to shipments within the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia.
- Aamsco's Corda mirror is a backlit LED mirror suitable for the bathroom, or as a decorative mirror in any room of the home or office.
- Corda's half-moon shaped mirror is unique and "mirrored" by a 1.18" thick inset light band illuminated by bright LEDs that follows the contour of the mirror itself.
- The mirror consumes a minuscule 33 Watts and delivers 2055 lumens - plenty. The color temperature is 2,600-2,800 degrees Kelvin, or Warm White with a CRI > 90. Non-dimmable.
- Dimensions are 39.37" Wide x 27.16" High x 1.38" Deep, and held to a tolerence of 0.125". The mirror is surface-mounted and hardwired, requiring a wall-switch.
- Conforms to ADA guidelines, is ETL listed, and IP55 rated (see IP55 Explained). 3-Year manufacturer's warranty.
Aamsco, since 1975, has been manufacturing innovative lighting solutions for companies, wordwide. In the suburbs of New York City, their original vintage lighting company was formed by Bob Rosenzweig to manufacture antique light bulbs. With Bob's creativity, Aamsco began expanding and moved to New Jersy, and ultimately in 2001 relocated to Summerville, South Carolina where Aamsco continues to grow to this day.
IP Ratings - Ingress Protection and What it Means
IP Ratings are a classification of the degree of protection against the intrusion of objects including things like hands and fingers, dust, accidental contact, and water. The concept is to provide a more standardized and meaningful set of more specific descriptive terms other than vague marketing lingo, such as "waterproof".
The two digits after the letters "IP" in the rating have separate meanings. The first digit denotes protection against solids. The second digit deals with protection from liquids.
IP55's First digit - 5 - Protection Against Solids
Protection against any large surface of the body, such as the hand, fingers, small objects, tools, most wires, screws, etc, and most dust.
IP55's Second digit - 5 - Protection Against Liquids
Equipment is protected against the ingress of water including dripping water, water from a spray at any angle up to 60 degrees from the vertical, water splashing from any direction, and water from a nozzle (6.3mm) from any direction.
For further information and full ratings charts visit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_Code.
3,500k vs. 5,500k
Color Temperature Comparison
The color temperature of any light bulb, including LEDs is measured in degrees Kelvin ("K"). The higher the color temperature, the closer the light is to pure white light at 10,000° K. A blue sky sunny day at noon has a color temperature of about 5,500° K. A very bright cloud-covered day, where the sky registers a color temperature of about 6,500° K., while a "regular" incandescent light bulb has a color temperature of about 2,700° K.
The color temperature of the lighting in your mirror may affect the way people see you in different situations. It's best, therefore, to choose a lighted makeup mirror with a color temperature to approximate your most frequent environment.
Many of our LED mirrors have their color temperature specified. And some makeup mirrors have adjustable or switchable color temperatures. For those where color temperature is not specified a reasonable guide is this: For incandescent bulbs, a color temperature of around 3,000° K. is normal. Fluorescents and LEDs with no color temperature specification have color temperatures around 4,600° K. The chart below can serve as a guide.
If you're planning for an outdoor day, the higher the color temperature the better. For evenings on the town, 2,700&deb; K. to 3,500° K. is best. For office environment lighting conditions, color temperatures around 4,500° K. provide the closest match.
Color Rendering Index (CRI)
The highest possible CRI value is 100 and is frequently achieved by incandescent or "regular" light bulbs. Fluorescent "cool white" bulbs have a CRI of around 50 to 60, but some high-end multi-phosphor fluorescents can go up to 98. LEDs typically have an a CRI around 80, and better, more expensive LEDs can have CRIs up to 97 or 98.